Tuesday 4 August 2015

On Wednesday Chris freaked out





Chris came home late on Tuesday night. I haven't said that the residents of our house are quite quirky. Well, they are. And Chris may be the quirkiest person I’ve ever met. He had been fasting for seven days! He brought home bags and bags of food that he would eat at midnight.

Chris left for uni at 8:30am Wednesday morning. I've recently spent 16 days seakayaking the Whitsundays, during which I couldn't even rinse my hair with clean water. So it's a mess and I decided to chop it all off before meeting Kelly at 2 o’clock. I got home at 1:45 with short hair and sat down in the living room to look at the Writers in Action Facebook page. Slamming doors, stomping and some mysterious crashing told me that Chris was home. He wasn’t angry or anything, he’s never angry, he’s just always loud. I heard someone knock on the door and Chris opened it and greeted Kelly. I came out of the living room to meet her too and when Chris saw my hair he yelled at the top of his lungs. This is not unusual for Chris, he’s very loud, but it still startled me. The tiny 18 year old girl trapped in the corridor with us was quiet. Chris yelled loudly again. Kelly's face remained expressionless. I wondered what she was thinking. He yelled a third time before explaining to Kelly that in the morning my hair had been much longer.
I found Kelly odd, not as odd as Chris of course, but still... Her face was painted in orange foundation and she followed us around the house like a timid oompa loompa. So I began the farce where I said "we're meeting a few more people, but we'll get back to you later this week", and then she would wait hopefully for our call only to be told that "I'm sorry, but we decided to go with someone else. But good luck with finding a place". She is not the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment